4 slices bacon
24 medium size mushrooms (1 1/2 lbs.)
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
2 to 3 pickled jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Cook backon in skilled until almost crisp. Remove bacon from skillet; chop. Drain fat from skillet.
2. Remove stems from mushrooms. Finely chop two-thirds of stems. Save stems from remaining mushrooms for soup making or other uses.
3. Cook mushroom caps in boiling water 1 minute. Drain; rinse under cold water. Drain on paper toweling.
4. Heat butter in skillet. Add chopped mushrooms, onion, garlic; cook 5 minutes. Add red pepper and jalapeno; cook 3 minutes. Cool. Stir in bacon, cheese and parsely. Spoon mixture into mushroom caps. Place on baking sheet.
5. Bake in preheated 350 degree F. oven 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- contributed by Joanne D., Warrensburg MO
Photo Party Favors Home Back to Recipe Index
Photo Party Favors located at www.photo-party-favors.com holds no copyright on these recipes. We are not responsible for their accuracy, availability, or any copyright infringement the source of this recipe may cause. Please do not contact us with questions about the recipe. If the email address of the person who submitted the recipe is noted, you may direct questions to that person.